What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charge ipad while OFF?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those are things of the past. Here is my question, I just got my Pad. When plugged into my computer it says "Not Charging" Does this thing not charge while on the computer?

Although it says not charging. It charges albeit very slooooooowly. You can observe it , just before you sync take note of your battery life and then take note of it after let's say half an hour. You'll get about 1-2% or more depends how long your iPad is plug into your pc.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It may take longer to charge using a USB port on a computer, but it does charge. The big thing is if you try to charge and use the iPad on a USB port, it will take a long time.

W24TSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have wondered this but found out accidentally one day.
If I plug my iPad in, turn it off to charge it (press and hold the power button) it then turns itself back on IF its below 10% battery.
If its above 10% and is plugged in when I switch it off, it stays off.
As for leaving the WiFi on and putting it into standby, I think i'll give it a try. Im curious now.

sharpy15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you plug in the charger whilst the ipad is on and then turn it off completely, the ipad continues charging whilst being completely off. hope this helps

Most reactions

Latest posts