What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing volume of Skype incoming call on an iPad 3

jmandel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3. When I use Skype the other party's voice is too soft. I used the iPad's volume button to set it to maximum, but that didn't solve it. I went on the Skype forum and saw the answer to another user's similar question saying to adjust the volume setting within Skype by going to settings, and it showed a picture of an icon to get there. But I don't have any such icon. When I boot up Skype I get a page where my only choices in the left column are Contacts and History. When I click on my picture in the upper left hand corner I get a drop down menu of My Info, but there is nothing there about settings. I can't find a way to get to any other screen.

OP
J

jmandel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an external button for volume and it is set at maximum. As far as I know there is no other setting. I have tried headphones and they help but the volume is still not as much as I would like. I have heard that there are "amplified" headphones so I'm looking into that.

Reaction score
Do you find volume too low for everyone you Skype with? Or just some?

Just thinking that maybe the problem is not on your end.

MarkBr11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using Skype apps log into it and make test call and set your sound volume in correct way.

Most reactions