What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the battery...

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to put in new batteries? Mine seem to die pretty fast. Like in 4-5 hours. I've had this iPad 1 for a little over year now

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you return the iPad to an Apple Store, they'll arrange for a new battery to be fitted. The cost is $99. It's not practical to do this yourself - have a look at the iFixit teardown of the iPad to see what's involved....

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They actually swap your iPad out with another one - refurbished - unless yours is engraved, and then they will swap but retain your back plate and install it on the replacement device.

-t

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you have no apps that van drain the battery 9 -12 hours is normal so something may be wrong one way to find out is do a full restore but donot dunce test it for 2 days if all ok then problem is an app that is draining the battery. The next job is harder finding which one. I have about 100 ipads deployed with clients some more than 12 months non have had battery issues so it is worth testing. If problem exists tale it to an apple store they will replace the ipad for a fee not sure how much around 120 us I believe

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They actually swap your iPad out with another one - refurbished - unless yours is engraved, and then they will swap but retain your back plate and install it on the replacement device.

-t

I always wondered what they did about engraved backplates!! Thanks, thewitt, it's my 'new fact learnt for the day'!!

Tim

OP
psmoore

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks alot. You guys rock. While looking this morning I saw that about switching out for the 99 fee. I'll have to call and see if there is a local store that switches them out or if I'll have to mail it in. Again, thanks for the help!

Paul

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As far as I know all of the service centers return them to Apple in California for the exchange.

-t

Reaction score
Check your push settings before returning. They can be a real battery drain.
Is it wifi or 3g/wifi model?
Sudden drop or did it come to last less time gradually? If sudden have you added any apps recently that may be syncing often? I've noticed Frisbee is a big battery drainer on my ipad 1
Is your bluetooth off ?
We may be able to save you a trip to the store by nailing it down beforehand

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts