What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing router password?

MNkid03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So just yesterday i was notified by charter via e-mail that someone using my internet is bootlegging movies. Of course, none of my roommates want to fess up, so the only way i can think of to fix the problem so i don't end up in any legal trouble is to change the password on my router. It would be pretty simple if my computer would hurry up and get fixed... So, the only way of changing it is with my ipad 2, which i'm not sure if that is possible or not. I was hoping someone could advise me if this is possible or not. If not, do i have other options? Thanks in advance!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The usual way into your router is to go to the webpage http://192.168.1.1

You can then access your router. Make sure you log in as Admin, otherwise you won't be able to make changes.

You need to lock out programs such as BitTorrent. Changing your password alone will not do what you need, but it will stop anyone from accessing the router to reverse your modifications. You'll need to Google the ports you need to shut down. You could also use MAC addressing to shut out the offender entirely.

Unfortunately, I am a long way from my router, and I'm not proficient enough to do it from memory. Also, different routers have different methods of achieving what you need. The manufacturers website would be a good place to start.

Most reactions

Latest posts