What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing pictures of a theme/winterboard

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok i downloaded a theme on cydia through winterboard...i really like it..except the quality of the picture is not that great...and when i go to change it...to a picture ota say safari for example it wont let me? Can any of themes allow me to keep the theme but change the picture?

thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, some do, but its the choice of the developer. You can however replace the image provided by the developer manually. There are a couple of ways to do this...
You can either ssh onto the device and transfer a file into the theme folder or use a program such as iFile to do the same on your iPad.
Themes are located in var\stash\Themes.xxxxx (the bit at the end is unique to your installation). Each theme you have downloaded will be in that folder. Have a look inside the theme you want to change. There is usually a background.png or similar...

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts