What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing my modem password for my ipad three

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i recently changed residences for the winter months and I am connected to the WiFi with Cenury Link. I have successfully connected their modem. I wanted to change the password they gave me. I did so through Http//192.168.0.1/w. This was succesfful. The technician I worked with from Century Link told me I had to change the original Century Link password in my ipad. He is not familiar with Ipads so he could not help me. He was familiar with wireless PC's and felt there was something that I had to do internally in the Ipad 3 so that it would recognize the new Century Link Password I set. I do not know how to do this. Can you help me. I am sure it is a simple procedure but I do not know where to start.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Settings -> Wi-Fi.

Click on the blue arrow next to the Wireless router you wish to connect.
Since this should be the same one as before, click "Forget this Network".
Then click on the name of the wireless router and it will ask for the new password.

OP
L

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure I want to forget the Century Link Network. This is the new network I want to use. I do not have any other network at my winter residence. If I click forget this network will I lose the century link connection? I see the steps you suggests and I am not doubting your expertise I just want to make sure that I have expressed myself correctly and that I am understanding what you are suggesting.
It asks me do I really want to disconnect this network. All I really want is to be able to enter my own password for this network which I have set up as stated previously.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All forgetting the network will do is erase your current password and some other stuff that you don't normally see or care about. The network will still show up in your list of available wi-fi networks. All you have to do is tap it and sign in with the new password.

Unless they hid the network. Almost unheard of, because it confuses people too much.

If you saw your new network show up on other devices, then it's not hidden.

But if they did, then you will have to choose Other, enter the network's name, tap Security and choose a method (it is almost guaranteed to be either WPA or WPA2 for a home network), and then enter your password.

OP
L

laclablanche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. It is so easy when you can contact someone who knows what they are doing.

Most reactions

Latest posts