What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Ipad Auto-Correct

HHill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to alter the auto-correct options? I keep on trying to type the word "as" in a sentence and auto-correct keeps on replacing it with "A's". So frustrating since that's a frequent word that I use. Would really appreciate any help. Thanks

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the correction bubble appears, tap the x in it. After you do this a couple of times, the iPad will learn to no longer give you this correction.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Montereybob said:
When the correction bubble appears, tap the x in it. After you do this a couple of times, the iPad will learn to no longer give you this correction.

A subtle detail that I noticed a while back is that touching anywhere on the bubble takes out the suggested word, no need to take careful aim on the "X."

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another 'trick' that was discovered by another Member is that the iPad never corrects names that are in the Contacts database on the iPad. He suggested that, if the iPad keeps correcting frequently used technical or business terms, simply enter them into the Contacts app as 'spoof' contacts. It works just great and stops the iPad autocorrecting or flagging those unusual words.

Tim

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my case, I just simply have auto-correction turned off.
Settings>General>Keyboard>Auto-Correction off

For that matter, I also have the Capitalization and Spelling turned off too. All were driving me crazy on my iPhone, so I followed suit and have them all turned off on both devices.

Most reactions