What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Icon Pictures

nosnivjk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OSS anyone know how to change the picture on an icon that does not have a logo, just a snapshot of the screen from the website?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nosnivjk said:
OSS anyone know how to change the picture on an icon that does not have a logo, just a snapshot of the screen from the website?

I'm not positive but I believe that showing a logo instead of a screenshot on a home screen bookmark is up to the website in question.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scifan is correct, it is up to the web site to determine whether it'll load an icon for your bookmark when you save it.

There are apps in the App Store that allow you to make your own icon picture for bookmarks (among other things). There are many, but the one that I use is called "Touch Icon Creator" ($.99, USD). Again, with it, you can assign any picture to your bookmark. What I like to do is find the logo of the website and make my own icons.

Hope this'll help.

Marilyn

OP
N

nosnivjk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Scifan is correct, it is up to the web site to determine whether it'll load an icon for your bookmark when you save it.

There are apps in the App Store that allow you to make your own icon picture for bookmarks (among other things). There are many, but the one that I use is called "Touch Icon Creator" ($.99, USD). Again, with it, you can assign any picture to your bookmark. What I like to do is find the logo of the website and make my own icons.

Hope this'll help.

Marilyn

Thank you so much! It worked great and was super easy!

Reaction score
Go to your profile
Click your logo and something that says from camera or from library will come up
Click from library and choose a picture
It will make it you new avatar.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, Amy, but the original poster was asking about changing the looks of the icon created when you save a bookmark to the iPad's Homescreen. Your response is good for changing an avatar on a forum - but not the answer for this case.

Marilyn

Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sorry, Amy, but the original poster was asking about changing the looks of the icon created when you save a bookmark to the iPad's Homescreen. Your response is good for changing an avatar on a forum - but not the answer for this case.

Marilyn

Ohh

Most reactions

Latest posts