What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Google Region in iPad

ScorpionBlues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently bought a iPad from Hong Kong on my visit, and now I m back to my country United Arab Emirates.
whenever I try using google search on the new iPad it takes me to Google.com.hk :\ .
How can I change it to google.com

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently bought a iPad from Hong Kong on my visit, and now I m back to my country United Arab Emirates.
whenever I try using google search on the new iPad it takes me to Google.com.hk :\ .
How can I change it to google.com
Try flushing Safari's cache.

Settings > Clear History/Clear Cookies and Data

Also:

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Remove All Website Data

That should give you a clean slate. However Google relies on IP addresses for default location so depending on your ISP's IP it may not automatically return the location you want. In that case you can physically type in http://www.google.ae/ for example and then bookmark it.

If you need to change your iPad's region:

Settings > General > International > Region Format

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
OP
ScorpionBlues

ScorpionBlues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Try flushing Safari's cache.

Settings > Clear History/Clear Cookies and Data

Also:

Settings > Safari > Advanced > Remove All Website Data

That should give you a clean slate. However Google relies on IP addresses for default location so depending on your ISP's IP it may not automatically return the location you want. In that case you can physically type in http://www.google.ae/ for example and then bookmark it.

If you need to change your iPad's region:

Settings > General > International > Region Format

Hope that helps!

Sorry didn't worked :(

Sjakiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi scorpionplus, did you manage to solve it? I have the same issue, if you use the google search on the right top site it will always go to .hk (in Chinese!) what I don't want
@richadams: yes I can manually type a new address every time but obviously that is cumbersome and would like it by default to search in google.nl in my case
So if anyone knows a solution?

nazr1e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sjakiez said:
Hi scorpionplus, did you manage to solve it? I have the same issue, if you use the google search on the right top site it will always go to .hk (in Chinese!) what I don't want
@richadams: yes I can manually type a new address every time but obviously that is cumbersome and would like it by default to search in google.nl in my case
So if anyone knows a solution?

hi there have you guys discovered the solution? what i did was, I change the REGION FORMAT in settings. First, go to SETTINGS --->GENERAL-->INTERNATIONAL-->REGION FORMAT (this is where you select your desired country). Well it works for me. -new iPad, iOS 5.1.1-

Most reactions

Latest posts