What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing from Windows to Mac

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have finally treated myself to an iMac which should arrive later in the week.

The iPad is my first Apple device, so I am looking forward to making the switch, but I am unsure on what if anything I need to back up from iTunes. I only use iTunes for syncing my iPad... I haven't bought any music, just apps for iPad.

If I make my final sync between my old PC & iPad, will iTunes on my iMac realise it's the first sync and just copy everything from iPad to iMac or will it delete everything from the iPad?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Harters

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have just up my iMac and love it so far, except for one thing.....

I am trying to set up my Livemail aka Hotmail, but I can't seem to get it to work as IMAP. I have searched and searched and all I can find is pop settings.

I have used that for now, and ticked the box to leave messages on server, but I don't think this will keep everything in sync. IMAP is working fine on my iPad through Exchange and on my Blackberry, so I am confused as to why I can't get it to work in Mail?

Am I missing something?

Please feel free to move this to a better area if you feel it should be..

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions