What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing fb cover photo

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest, the easiest way to change the cover photo is to use a laptop or a desktop, not the iPad. It's easier...

However, if you're willing to put up with a bit of frustration, it can be done on the iPad in Safari (there's no way via the "official" Facebook app...).

Log in to Facebook via Safari. Make sure you are in the desktop version, not the mobile version (the URL will not start with "m/").

Go to your main profile page and select your Photos. Open any one of your photos (you may have to tap twice to get the photo to open - FB is pretty bad about needing two taps to activate a link).

When the photo opens, quickly tap on the "Options" link at the bottom of the photo. I say quickly because that link will fade and, in your attempts to get it back - you'll change pictures (please don't ask how I know! :)).

Once the Options opens, you'll see a line to "Make Cover." Select that, the view will change and you will see your photo as the cover.

This is the frustrating part - you will see a line in the picture that reads "Drag to Reposition Cover." I never could get the picture to move! So, if you do figure out how to move the picture, please let me know.

But, if you choose to leave the photo as Facebook places it, then that is all you need do. After the photo appears as your cover, press the Save button that appears under the photo on the right, and you are done.

Hopefully, this is of some use and helps you make cover photos. Good luck.

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Tutorial on creating posts on the Forum
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I have to add this. I just found a
Facebook app that will allow me to EASILY change my Facebook cover photo!

The app is called "Fera" and you can get a free version (comes with/has ads). The ad-free version is $1.99 (USD).

Again, this app (iPad-only) made it very easy for me to change my cover photo. Plus, I can easily upload other photos. It's got all the standard Facebook stuff, too.

Because of the cover photo thing - this is now my "go to" app for Facebook browsing on the iPad.

Of course and as always, YMMV. :)

Marilyn

DandyGal09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey......I just got the app and I really like it so far. However, it does not give me the option to change cover photo? Also.....where would I go to change my settings?

I denied access to a lot of them to start with, but I like it so much until it will be my "go to" as well ..... Please let me know if you have answers.....thanks!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey......I just got the app and I really like it so far. However, it does not give me the option to change cover photo? Also.....where would I go to change my settings?

I denied access to a lot of them to start with, but I like it so much until it will be my "go to" as well ..... Please let me know if you have answers.....thanks!

it's a little tricky, but hopefully this will help:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357229501.763400.jpg

You have to be in your Profile (the top left tab). And, if you don't see the icon at the start, simply tap in the top right corner of the existing cover photo.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

DandyGal09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes.....I figured it out. Thank you! Seems like FERA app has many glitches......I would love to use it.....I like the concept!

morshidy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but every time choose upload photo or choose from lmy galleryr reposition it crashes :( ipad 1 ios 5.1.1 plz help :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry but every time choose upload photo or choose from lmy galleryr reposition it crashes :( ipad 1 ios 5.1.1 plz help :(

I'm sorry, but all I can suggest is that you fully close out every app (from the multi-task bar) so that you are only running the FERA app. The iPad1 has very limited RAM and the system gets over burdened.

Unfortunately, it looks as if the FERA app is pretty RAM-heavy. Sorry.

Marilyn

morshidy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That didnot help :( can i ask u to make my issue reach more people inorer to get a solution as iam new and i dont know how to spread my issue please :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
morshidy said:
That didnot help :( can i ask u to make my issue reach more people inorer to get a solution as iam new and i dont know how to spread my issue please :)

Try these steps to see if they make any difference. Turn of all your location settings and then clear your History and Cookies and Data in Safari.
This will clear more ram from your system, I just hope it's enough for you to change that photo. You can reinstate your location services after this.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
morshidy said:
Sorry but, How can i do that ? Thnx in advance

Go to Settings - Privacy and you will see the Location Services there. They did have their own setting title at one stage but an update to the ipad then changed it to Privacy Settings.

Settings - Safari - Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data.

Fingers crossed it works for you!

morshidy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That didnt work ... :( but i used the way that micky330 described above to change my cover throw safari and for the problem dragging the photo and reposition it i solved it through cropping the part that i dont want from the photo before uploading it the upload and put then save :))

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That didnt work ... :( but i used the way that micky330 described above to change my cover throw safari and for the problem dragging the photo and reposition it i solved it through cropping the part that i dont want from the photo before uploading it the upload and put then save :))

Well that's great to hear!

Thank you for letting us know that Mickey330's steps did work for you and how you solved the other issue as we will most likely see others with this problem as time goes by. Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts