What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Apple ID

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How can I change my ID using the same email address?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can I change my ID using the same email address?

It works this way:

Go to Settings - iTunes & App Stores, tap your Apple ID and then choose "View Apple ID". (Also/better possible in App Store - Featured.)
A popup will appear where you'll have to enter your password, then you can see your current Apple ID with your existing payment method and country. To change the country, tap Country/Region, then "Change country or Region". You should be able then to choose the country you'd like.

You'll need another payment method and address, if you change your country.

Last edited:
OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't want to change country,just my Apple ID (without changing my email address ).

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is telling me that my original ID is incorrect.When i start over it tells me that an apple already exists for my email address.
How can i start over without changing me email address?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Using skimonkey's link to retrieve Apple ID and reset password, afterwards signing in with your current Apple ID (my link) and then managing your Apple ID should be possible.

Last edited:
OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried all of the above and nothing. First it doesn't recognize my date of birth. I asked for an email that never came.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On your iPad:

Go to Settings - iTunes & App Stores, tap Apple ID, then choose "View Apple ID", enter password.
Now tap Apple ID again. You'll see the information about your apple ID there.
First, there's Apple ID. Then you'll see "Email". This is where your emails will be sent to. If it isn't existing any more, you should change this. You can do it right there. Then tap "Done" (upper right corner). If you don't have a rescue email address, you won't see "Email".
Third position is "Password", then "Verify". I havent't tried that yet, but perhaps you should be able to change your password there as well. Don't forget to tap "Done" when you've finished.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't want to change your email address, so just try to change your password, not "Apple ID".

Btw: if you don't have a rescue email address, you won't get an email to change your security questions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5312

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts