What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changes in Library

Denis4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the not to distant past, the Library format made some changes that are confusing. I’m on my second iPad mini and have over 300 books in my library. However, when I’m looking at the book selections, it no longer has the “read” in place of the price on books I already have. I have to admit that I now get the preview if in doubt and think I’ve already purchased the title....have more than a few duplicates

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is this the Apple Books app? (used to be iBooks)

What version of iOS are you running?

The current version of Apple Books should only give you a price/read lable if you are browsing in the iBook Store tab.

In my experience the Library tab only shows you and cloud icon (if the book needs to be downloaded), a percentage showing how much of the book you have read, or a ‘new’ label if you haven’t opened the book yet.

I

OP
D

Denis4x4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
12.1.3 os...actually, I have over 600 books and not all of them will show up with the read or updated in place of the price.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not all of them show up period, or not all 600 of them have the read or price tag?

If possible, could you post a screenshot? Be sure to edit out any personal info or other stuff you don’t want to share with the world.

Here is what my Library tab looks like in List view. I wan’t to compair it with what you are seeing. Even though I’m using a 12.9” iPad Pro, the view should not look entirely dissimilar.

CC97C8C7-5397-4E54-9825-2908CA874222.png

Most reactions