What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change your clocks this weekend!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shitums. I didn't even think about it!
You're a moderator now Marie....

marker-focus.gif

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG. Freakin hilarious.

Do you remember when the first time I told you to FOCUS, babe? Ya know you did steal that from ME.

Among others.:D

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
27th march they go forward one hour here in the UK

This must drive the airlines crazy. I travel to the US a lot and I always try to avoid travelling during 'this period' - between when the clocks have gone forward in the US but not yet in the UK. All the international connections are shot to pieces.

Several years ago - either by chance or someone doing it sensibly (seems unlikely :) - the move forward was synchronised in the US and UK. How much easier it made life.

Surely, somewhere ?? - there's an international committee (UN?) that decides these things - is there a fundamental reasons why this change can't be synchronised? It's probably something I don't understand about latitude or longitude or the angle of the sun or global warming......

Just to complicate matters, there's a move in the UK to move two hours forward in summer...

Tim
Scotland

I remember during the war years it remained daylight until 10 or 11 O'Clock at night in the UK.:)

Al.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al Rogers said:
I remember during the war years it remained daylight until 10 or 11 O'Clock at night in the UK.:)

Al.

11 O'Clock........were we in a different time zone back then?

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
27th march they go forward one hour here in the UK

This must drive the airlines crazy. I travel to the US a lot and I always try to avoid travelling during 'this period' - between when the clocks have gone forward in the US but not yet in the UK. All the international connections are shot to pieces.

Several years ago - either by chance or someone doing it sensibly (seems unlikely :) - the move forward was synchronised in the US and UK. How much easier it made life.

Surely, somewhere ?? - there's an international committee (UN?) that decides these things - is there a fundamental reasons why this change can't be synchronised? It's probably something I don't understand about latitude or longitude or the angle of the sun or global warming......

Just to complicate matters, there's a move in the UK to move two hours forward in summer...

Tim
Scotland

Al.

Oh, wow! That would be awful!

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim
Scotland

Al.

Double summer time I think it was called,I will have to check it out for sure.

Al.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Al.

Double summer time I think it was called,I will have to check it out for sure.

Al.

Here it is folks.

BST was first introduced in the UK in 1916, the measure was designed to aid the agricultural sector to be more productive and thus help Britain to increase its domestic production of food, during a critical period of the Great War. The measure was established by the Summer Time Act 1916. Interestingly, during World War Two, BST was doubled up, in effect the clocks were moved forward two hours in the Spring and subsequently back two hours in the Autumn.
British Summer Time has remained an annual part of life in the UK ever since the end of the Second World War, when BST was reinstated a single hour ahead of GMT. Today the measure is enforced by the Summer Time Order Act 2002.

Read more at Suite101: Spring Forward BST, Fall Backwards GMT – Changing the Clocks http://www.suite101.com/content/spring-forward-bst-fall-backwards-gmt--changing-the-clocks-a296442#ixzz1GxgUX9eX

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al Rogers said:
Here it is folks.

BST was first introduced in the UK in 1916, the measure was designed to aid the agricultural sector to be more productive and thus help Britain to increase its domestic production of food, during a critical period of the Great War. The measure was established by the Summer Time Act 1916. Interestingly, during World War Two, BST was doubled up, in effect the clocks were moved forward two hours in the Spring and subsequently back two hours in the Autumn.
British Summer Time has remained an annual part of life in the UK ever since the end of the Second World War, when BST was reinstated a single hour ahead of GMT. Today the measure is enforced by the Summer Time Order Act 2002.

Read more at Suite101: Spring Forward BST, Fall Backwards GMT – Changing the Clocks http://www.suite101.com/content/spring-forward-bst-fall-backwards-gmt--changing-the-clocks-a296442#ixzz1GxgUX9eX

It kind of makes sense as it would have made the blackout easier to have most people heading for bed as darkness is falling.

The Archangel

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Al Rogers said:
Here it is folks.

Read more at Suite101: Spring Forward BST, Fall Backwards GMT – Changing the Clocks Spring Forward BST, Fall Backwards GMT

It kind of makes sense as it would have made the blackout easier to have most people heading for bed as darkness is falling.

The Archangel

It also made it much easer to shoot down the German bombers.:D

Al

Most reactions