What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change your clocks this weekend!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to complicate matters, there's a move in the UK to move two hours forward in summer...

Seriously? Why? THen when do you change it back?

Depending on your point of view it's (a) to allow longer evenings when we can all be outside with the BBQ (yeh - right! In Scotland - I don't think so), (b) to combat global warming (don't have the lights on as much) or (c) to cover up successive governments failure to invest enough in new power stations so we don't get brown outs or (d) all of the above.

But, it's a really serious proposal that looks as though it might well be implemented very soon - perhaps other UK Forum members have a better understanding of the current state of the legislation - yes, it's got that far.....

Tim
Scotland

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Never!!! It's our plan for world domination, after a couple of hundred years we will be so far ahead of the rest of the world that you'll never catch us.......technology, weapons who needs them, well just keep winding our clocks forwards!

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Never!!! It's our plan for world domination, after a couple of hundred years we will be so far ahead of the rest of the world that you'll never catch us.......technology, weapons who needs them, well just keep winding our clocks forwards!

The Archangel

Well said! I just *knew* there had to be a cunning plan here! Britain will rule the waves once again....we have no ships, we have no planes....but we have a constant rolling daylight saving plan....single daylight saving, then double daylight saving, then triple daylight saving.

My wife is one of those people who simply cannot understand daylight saving time. She insists that it confuses all the farm animals and wild life who suddenly find it’s lighter for longer.....

Tim
Scotland

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Well said! I just *knew* there had to be a cunning plan here! Britain will rule the waves once again....we have no ships, we have no planes....but we have a constant rolling daylight saving plan....single daylight saving, then double daylight saving, then triple daylight saving.

My wife is one of those people who simply cannot understand daylight saving time. She insists that it confuses all the farm animals and wild life who suddenly find it’s lighter for longer.....

Tim
Scotland

That only happens to the animals in Scotland, here in the south we make sure that all the animals have access to clocks!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
Somehow I can't help but feel that Monty Python is behind all this...:confused:

That's where you are wrong cos snakes are real stupid, especially pythons, have you ever seen a snake that could tell the time? It's all about evolution, if snakes could tell the time they would have evolved limbs so that they could wear a watch......d'oh, didn't you read Darwin?

The Archangel

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
Somehow I can't help but feel that Monty Python is behind all this...:confused:

That's where you are wrong cos snakes are real stupid, especially pythons, have you ever seen a snake that could tell the time? It's all about evolution, if snakes could tell the time they would have evolved limbs so that they could wear a watch......d'oh, didn't you read Darwin?

The Archangel
Aaaah! But this one is clever! It snakes its way in your subconscious where it tweaks your will to his. Who needs limbs when you have those of others?:p

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
Aaaah! But this one is clever! It snakes its way in your subconscious where it tweaks your will to his. Who needs limbs when you have those of others?:p

It might tweak my, admittedly weak, will but it ain't gonna change no clocks when it can't tell the time!

The Archangel

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spam, the damned clock! I'm not getting up two hours earlier!:D

Whatever happened to getting up with the sun and bedding down with the sun?:confused: No wonder were losing contact with the spaceship...

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Whatever happened to getting up with the sun and bedding down with the sun?:confused: No wonder were losing contact with the spaceship...

ScaredEmoGirl.jpg

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:

In my younger days I used to get by on around an hours sleep some nights........so that would mean waking up an hour before I go to bed......how does that work?

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts