What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change your clocks this weekend!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually saw cable, computer and my cell all change! It was 2:55AM and I just got up thinking why hasn't the time changed and the cable menu said as future programing ~ 1:30 3:00 3:30.

So I figured that the clocks must change when it turns 2AM. Pretty smart on my part, dontcha think?

Admit it. :D

Sure enough I was holding my cell and watching the TV, my computer at they all popped to 3AM.

Which really isn't funny ~ I lost an hour of my life in 5 minutes!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We used to change the first Sunday in April and last in October but a few years ago the powers that get to decide these things extended it so we start earlier. I only have to change one clock and my watches everything else is automatic even my bedside clock. Oh crap! I need to remember how to change it in the car

Sent from my VZW Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always forget the thermostat so the furnace doesn't start till I'm going to work.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
9ce60940.png

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
27th march they go forward one hour here in the UK

This must drive the airlines crazy. I travel to the US a lot and I always try to avoid travelling during 'this period' - between when the clocks have gone forward in the US but not yet in the UK. All the international connections are shot to pieces.

Several years ago - either by chance or someone doing it sensibly (seems unlikely :) - the move forward was synchronised in the US and UK. How much easier it made life.

Surely, somewhere ?? - there's an international committee (UN?) that decides these things - is there a fundamental reasons why this change can't be synchronised? It's probably something I don't understand about latitude or longitude or the angle of the sun or global warming......

Just to complicate matters, there's a move in the UK to move two hours forward in summer...

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts