What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change starting day in the week

Splicer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to start the calendar week with a different day than Sunday? Ex. Begin the week on Monday instead of Sunday.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sort of.

Change the Regional Format under Settings > General > International. I believe United Kingdom and Australia have mondays first. I don't remember what Canada will do.

This will also change other formatting though, like phone numbers, time, etc. Given that your location has you in the U.S. I suspect you won't find this usable. Though if Canada works, it may leave the other stuff close enough to what you want.

davidlones365

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sort of.

Change the Regional Format under Settings > General > International. I believe United Kingdom and Australia have mondays first. I don't remember what Canada will do.

This will also change other formatting though, like phone numbers, time, etc. Given that your location has you in the U.S. I suspect you won't find this usable. Though if Canada works, it may leave the other stuff close enough to what you want.

Actually, from the ones you listed, only the UK changed the start of the week.

I've found that selecting the Barbados Region Format has the proper effect. It changes the start of the week to Monday, but leaves the other format settings alone (as compared to the United States Region Format).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It must have take a considerable amount of experimentation to find that out. Thank you. I'll try to remember for next time.

davidlones365

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got fed up with it and started tapping things randomly... I think it was only the 3rd or 4th try if I remember correctly.

Most reactions

Latest posts