What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change network in ipad mini

johnchart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Mini shows network as Verizon (I used it on vacation). How do I change it to my home network Century Link DSL?

Thanks for help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a fan showing in the status bar (next to the Verizon word)? If yes, your iPad is on your,WiFi network. The Verizon just show,because your 3/4G is on. But, the iPad will default to WiFi if its available.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi John,

I see that our super moderator, Mickey330, has given you help.

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thanks,
Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

OP
J

johnchart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turned off "Cellular Data" in settings. Verizon is gone. Now it shows "iPad" in upper left hand corner instead of Verizon. Although "Wi-Fi" is turned "ON" it also shows "Not connected". Under "Choose a Network" it shows networks that are not mine. Probably neighbors in my condo unit. When I try to load web page I get "Can not open the page because your iPad is not connected to the internet". BTW I do have a Belkin router installed for Wi-Fi use.

Another thing - Not only can I not connect to Wi-Fi, I have the cable that came with Mini hooked to back of my iMac Late '09 & still can't get the internet. Bluetooth shows connected.

Thanks for help.

John

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad can only connect to WiFi wirelessly. So, you'll need to get it connected to that Belkin router (it won't work/help to go through the computer).

So - when you go to your Settings app, your router does not show up as a network to which you can connect? Try re-booting the router to see if that helps...

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If that doesn't work, try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

OP
J

johnchart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 - Tried everything - nothing works. Frustrating part - when I first got the belkin.15c 4 months ago, I set it up with my iMac in 15 minutes. Worked perfectly! After going to Texas & using Verizon & then back home to Century Link DSL, I can't connect iPad to the net. One time on the Mini I created a belkin.15c network & WiFi actually showed "belkin.15c" instead of "Not connected". STILL NO INTERNET ON MINI! Also, when I rebooted the Mini lost the belkin.15c setting.

The part where I think my mistake is in router passwords. Do they mean the Century Link router or the belkin.15c passwords? Could not really find a password on bottom of my Actiontec 724R router.

I do appreciate your help. Has to be some setting I fouled up.

Thanks again.

John

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hav you tried connecting to another router? A lot of places, such as public libraries and McDonalds have free public WiFi. If it connects there, the problem is likely with your router and not your iPad. If that's the case, you may have to get a new WiFi router.

OP
J

johnchart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot to add that the Belkin 15.c has no red or green lights on it. How do you tell if it is really working?

ohn

OP
J

johnchart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to Walmart. Got new Belkin router. Set it up in about 15 minutes. Works perfectly! Thanks all for advice & help.

John

Most reactions

Latest posts