What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change icon name?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyway to change the icons name in the desktop? I saved this sites link as an icon but it shows up as puffin cos I was using puffin browser at time!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you talking about making a bookmark from a web page (to be displayed on your home screen)?

If yes, when you choose to "Add to Home Screen," you should get a pop-up window in which you can name the bookmark. The cursor should already be in it and there should an "x" so you can delete the text that's already there. Name the bookmark what you wish (remember, however, that you are limited on character length) and then hit the blue Add button.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I know, you cannot change the name of an app, however you can create a folder for a group of apps and rename it that way.

However, does Puffin have a bookmark feature like the safari mobile web browser? Why not just bookmark it there and than click onto the site when you want to get on?

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's ok I figured it out! I just deleted the icon & then went back to the site I wanted to bookmark & changed the name when I was asked. still getting used to this - quite different from the PC - not nearly so intuitive! You have to go a long way instead of the shortcuts you get with a PC!

Most reactions