1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Celular mni

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by idbvideo, Dec 7, 2012.

1. idbvideo

idbvideo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is going to sound stupid. but I have ordered a celular mini with an O2 sim card. But I know I have a better signal with Orange where I work, there is a mast very close. My question is to do with sim cards. If I get an O2 sim with the mini, will it be locked to O2 or can I just swap sims over?
  2. scudder

scudder iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    If you buy it unsubsidised though Apple, JohnLewis, etc it comes unlocked to any network worldwide. If you were to buy one from Carphonewarehouse, etc on a contract, it woulb ne locked. Since none of these places have iPad mini deals yet, it is 100% sure your mini will be unlocked, you have simply requested a nano sim to go with it which you can dispose of and use Orange
  3. idbvideo

idbvideo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info scudder. Lookinf forward to 2nd Jan ;-)