What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cellular Usage?

stooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With my iPad2, I got me a SIM-Card with a volume based plan, but I hardly ever used it because I am almost always near a Wifi-Connection
When I changed to the New iPad about a month ago, I reactivated the SIM and used it a bit, but not very much.

A few days later I checked the "Cellular Usage" in Settings and was shocked!
It showed 168 MB under Sent and a whopping 3,4 GB under Received.
The date of the last Reset was the day I inserted the SIM into the New iPad, but in all last year I would not have used this amount of data.

All I ever did was check mail when I was out and visiting a couple of Websites, no Downloads, no Videos etc.

Today I received the bill from my Carrier. I have 1 GB included in the plan, anything more would have gotten rather expensive.
But to my relief, It seems I actually stayed well under the 1 GB limit since I did not have to pay extra.

But the question remains, WHY would Cellular Usage show me such a high amount of traffic?
It did not change when I was using Wifi rather heavily, so it has to come from somewhere else.

Did this happen to anybody before?

Most reactions

Latest posts