What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cellular iPad Mini and iPad Fourth-Gen Get Possible Release Date

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 4 4G is on a delivery truck headed toward my city, according to tracking. But the estimated delivery date is still Monday, lol. Makes no sense. If it's where tracking says it is, it's about 30 minutes from my house.

I bet you'll get it today. Very unlikely they would hold it until Monday once it's in your city, especially since you preordered it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bet you'll get it today. Very unlikely they would hold it until Monday once it's in your city, especially since you preordered it.

Think it might. I asked for a delivery hold at a 24-hour FedEx about five minutes' from my place, so I figure I'm good no matter what day it arrives.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cool. Have you decided whether to return the wifi or 4G one, or keep both?

I'm probably going to go with the 4G version....I think keeping both is unwise since I will likely get a new one next year when the retina comes out, which is really what I want. I could give the wifi-only one to the GF (we are still in limbo), but she doesn't really groove on electronics (and 64GB would be such a waste with her)....I have already gotten her this quilt she likes...and wondering if I should send that back! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm probably going to go with the 4G version....I think keeping both is unwise since I will likely get a new one next year when the retina comes out, which is really what I want. I could give the wifi-only one to the GF (we are still in limbo), but she doesn't really groove on electronics (and 64GB would be such a waste with her)....I have already gotten her this quilt she likes...and wondering if I should send that back! :)

Maybe the quilt could be a peace offering?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx goofed and tried to drop my iPad 4 at my place, despite my request for a hold at a FedEx store near me. So iPad went back to their delivery location to spend the night. Maybe they'll try delivering again Friday, where I'm still not there to accept it, lol.

Meanwhile, UPS came through with Kindle Fire HD and shoes, both free from Amazon, because of my credit card points. I'm actually more excited about the shoes, which I'm prancing around in at home, lol.

Charging my Kindle Fire HD now, while streaming a movie on my Kindle Fire original as I surf the forum on iPad 2. iPad 1 is charging. Hmmm. Maybe I don't need an iPad 4, lol. Will see what happens with delivery. Maybe they can take it back to China at this rate.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
My 64GB 4G iPad 4 is supposed to arrive Nov. 23. I received notice yesterday that it was going to ship within five business days, which makes for a surprising slow delivery. In any case, when I originally ordered, Apple said it was going to arrive on Nov. 26.

I figure it'll get here when it gets here. It's not like I'm waiting for a heart transplant, lol.

I ordered yesterday and got mine today. Was supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Good thing I was home.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
My 64GB 4G iPad 4 is supposed to arrive Nov. 23. I received notice yesterday that it was going to ship within five business days, which makes for a surprising slow delivery. In any case, when I originally ordered, Apple said it was going to arrive on Nov. 26.

I figure it'll get here when it gets here. It's not like I'm waiting for a heart transplant, lol.

DUH!! Not a very good skimmer lol. I ordered wifi only that's why so soon lol.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DUH!! Not a very good skimmer lol. I ordered wifi only that's why so soon lol.

Yes, wifi easy at this point. I went to Target last weekend and they had wifi iPad 4s and mini iPads in stock.

My iPad 4 4G arrived today, a day after FedEx mistakenly delivered to my house and found no one. I haven't done anything but plug it and leave to charge.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Yes, wifi easy at this point. I went to Target last weekend and they had wifi iPad 4s and mini iPads in stock.

My iPad 4 4G arrived today, a day after FedEx mistakenly delivered to my house and found no one. I haven't done anything but plug it and leave to charge.

I just LOVE iCloud!!! I was able to set up the new pad w o my computer. For some reason I am no longer able to install iTunes on my 2004 Dellasourus as a friend calls it so I would not have SOL otherwise lol.

Sent from my Wifi Only Black iPad With Retina Display using iPF

Most reactions