What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cellular data grayed out (ipad 2 3G)

L

ldrki

Have to restart the tablet to sort it out and be able to use 3G but the problem keeps reappearing. Anyone with the same problem?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would remove the SIM and reseat it. Can't think of anything else right now.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ldrki said:
Have to restart the tablet to sort it out and be able to use 3G but the problem keeps reappearing. Anyone with the same problem?

Is it jail broken?

moe0000001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway I'll give you my ideas in case I don't check back on the forums.
If not jail broken then remove the SIM and clean it with a cotton or something soft. After putting it back, make sure you have cellular data turned on and that you have the correct APN (even if you haven't changed it, check all the same).
If jail broken, there's a setting to choose 2G (Edge) or 3G. Make sure it's set to 3G if it isn't.
In either case, it helps me when I get bad network/bad coverage to switch cellar data off and on a few times. Make sure that the network logo in the upper left corner goes off (like in airplane mode). I don't understand the technical justification behind it but I think it resets the connection which means the radio module has to disconnect completely then connect from scratch when it's connected to a bad tower.

Most reactions

Latest posts