What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case that holds a Keyboard, but doesn't have one already?

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've scoured the Internet for a case to hold my iPad and my Mac Bluetooth keyboard together. Does anyone know of a case that will do this? There seems to be hundreds that have the keyboard already inside but I want to house my own.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, on another thread you mentioned that you want a bag to put all your iPad stuff in.......I have been looking at the apple store on line and the have an Ally Cappalino satchel which looks like it will do the trick http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H...node=MTc0MjU2Mjc&mco=MjMzMjYzNzA&s=topSellers

Also, one of our supporting vendors, Dressed By Manuela, has a selection of sleeves, bags, etc and will ship to the UK....... http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-accessories/40968-girlie-ipad-accessories.html

The Archangel

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've scoured the Internet for a case to hold my iPad and my Mac Bluetooth keyboard together. Does anyone know of a case that will do this? There seems to be hundreds that have the keyboard already inside but I want to house my own.

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to assume you mean the Apple Wireless Keyboard. If so, I think your only option is the Incase Origami Workstation which isn't exactly what you're looking for. It's a dedicated AWK keyboard case that "unfolds" into an iPad stand. There are, of course, dedicated iPad keyboard sleeves that can be used with a portable stand for the iPad (or the SmartCover folded into a triangular support.)

Any of these options probably call for a bag to hold the keyboard, iPad, and (possibly) a portable stand if you don't use the Origami Workstation.

If you think about it, you'll probably understand why a manufacturer would hesitate to develop an iPad case that could hold the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. Although many people use a keyboard with their iPads, it's still a relatively small minority. (About half the folks who responded to a poll on this site, but I strongly suspect that reflects the bias of the interest and uses of the people who frequent sites like this.)

Considering that a case that could hold the iPad and the AWK would have to be substantially larger than the combo cases (e.g. Zaggmate) that are available, I doubt any manufacturer would invest in the development of a case specifically for those who own the AWK.

Personally, I like the Origami Workstation solution in combination with an iPad "Travel Express" bag from Waterfield Designs that holds both the iPad in a dedicated pocket and the AWK in the OW case.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I like the Origami Workstation solution in combination with an iPad "Travel Express" bag from Waterfield Designs that holds both the iPad in a dedicated pocket and the AWK in the OW case.

jsh1120: You are the first person to mention that the AWK and the OW case fit inside the Travel Express bag from Waterfield. I was wondering about that (cause the keyboard fits in there a little tightly by itself). I couldn't find any verification.

So, this is just thanks for mentioning that.

Marilyn

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

jsh1120: You are the first person to mention that the AWK and the OW case fit inside the Travel Express bag from Waterfield. I was wondering about that (cause the keyboard fits in there a little tightly by itself). I couldn't find any verification.

Marilyn

Yes, it's a very tight fit but it does work. I would have preferred the iPad Wallet model from Waterfield Designs but it has a dedicated AWK pocket and the folks at WD indicated it would probably not accommodate the Origami Workstation case. So I went with the Travel Express model.

mach5k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pelican has a new hard case that stores the iPad and the wireless keyboard take out the iPad and it holds it so it becomes something like the logitech case. I think it is the 1027. Waterproof and has a shoulder strap

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

Yes, it's a very tight fit but it does work. I would have preferred the iPad Wallet model from Waterfield Designs but it has a dedicated AWK pocket and the folks at WD indicated it would probably not accommodate the Origami Workstation case. So I went with the Travel Express model.

Any pics for this?

iPad Travel Express - SFBags - WaterField Designs - iPad 2

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pelican has a new hard case that stores the iPad and the wireless keyboard take out the iPad and it holds it so it becomes something like the logitech case. I think it is the 1027. Waterproof and has a shoulder strap
If you see this could you post a link? I don't see it on their site.

Most reactions

Latest posts