What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case or no case?

case or no case

• Case

Votes: 341 85.0%
  • Bare naked

Votes: 33 8.2%
  • Screen protector and/or invisible skin

Votes: 27 6.7%

• Total voters

kjsre74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not walking out of a store with a 700 dollar electronic device and no case

Me too, got my iPad on a Thursday, but only charge & use on Saturday cos I only manage to find the case then. Using the Marware Eco Vue now but somehow I still like the air jacket. Too bad alr jacket protects only the back.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine usually is bare, as it typically travels in my briefcase and the pocket it slides into seems secure enough. If I'm taking it somewhere without my briefcase, then I use he Apple case.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work from home so don't really need a case. I have a silicone skin which I like for keeping the back protected and the lip on the front side means the screen does not touch a table top if I place the iPad face down.

I have an anti-glare screen protector which I love. However, this will be a pain to replace someday as getting it attached without bubbles was a struggle. The Shiny screens Apple uses are PITA.

I also have a very simple neoprene zippered case to protect the iPad while I am carrying it to the office on the rare day I go there.

I like the fact that the silicone skin is thin enough to leave on and still have the iPad fit into the case or the Griffith AFrame stand I use. It will not fit into the little Apple iPad dock, however. But I don't ever use the dock as I prefer to use the iPad in landscape mode, which the dock doesn't allow.

Our local Best Buy has tons of accessories for the iPad. That is also where I purchased my 64GB WiFi only iPad.

Jax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought one at the Best buy where I bought the IPad. Targus Truss Z I think. Flips open easily and makes a stand or folds back to lay flat. It is leather and has a strap to hold it closed. I think it would protect it from a simple drop. Have not seen another like it, but really think I got lucky when I picked it. It works perfect for travel.
http://www.targus.com/us/section.aspx?buckettypeID=194&dBucketId=2978

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have any one seen the Philips case at Target? My husband bought one for his pad and it is amazing. It's a little pricey, but it surpasses the two that I have. It allows the pad to be viewed in portrait and landscape at varying degrees, and it has a system that keeps the pad in the case. Both of the cases I have don't have a way to view in portrait and can fall out if not supported on the correct side. I did not see it on Target's website but if you go to Philips.com they have it there.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saw someone on the bus today using an iPad without a case. Looked closer and saw several dents (one major and a few minor ones) on the back, and felt a bit sad for his device.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I go both ways.... Case for work ect... But in bed or whatever it's nice to just be neked :)

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welllll,,, I carry mine around in a soft case that fits in my purse/bag. When I am using it, it has a screen protector and a cute Chihauhau skin, so she is not completely naked....

Chiky

bushml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The older I get the clumsier I get.
So, I use a case and Zagg on both front and back. I find with out those protective qualities I am more likely to put dings and scratches on the electronics I use most often.

Most reactions