What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case For iPad3 Suggestions ?

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Just got an iPad3.
Quite a gadget, for sure ?

Have looked at the Amazon site to find a "case" for it, and it is really confusing.
Hard to pick something out without actually seeing it.
And of course, there are always negative comments posted for each and every one.

Have gotten such good help and advice here since buying this toy, thought I would ask you folks.
What I am after, I think is:

Would be great if it had some kind of carrying handle.

Front and back protection.
(actually made for the iPad3, not one of those "fits-all" that was made for the iPad2 and "sorta" fits the 3)

LIGHT weight. Really important.
Basic, no keyboard, etc.

Inexpensive; $ 30 or so max.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A handle? I don't think I've seen a case with a handle. Some have straps that you can put your hand through to help you hold the iPad while viewing.

Cases are such a personal thing that I have come to believe that there really is no point in recommending them. One person just can't know what another person likes.

However, there are zillions of cases written about here. Just browse the forum a bit and you will find people posting about what they like. Still won't know if that is what you really like, but you really need to get something quickly to protect your iPad (the back with scratch quickly and easily). I always put a skin on the back and then still put it inside another case for a bit more protection. The skin only protects against light scratches which happen before you even realize it. Check icarbons.com .

Some of my favorites are:

The Garrison by BodyGuardz (my current case)
The Bear Motion case

I've also ordered this one (though I'm not a big fan of cases that have large foot prints as they take up a lot of space on the desk)
Amazon.com: MoKo(TM) 360 Degree Rotating Detachable Cover Case with Vertical and Horizontal Multiangle Stand, Elastic Hand Strap, Stylus loop for the New iPad (3rd generation)/ iPad3 / iPad HD, Velcro Flap to Secure your iPad in Place, Purple (with S

I'm also very picky about the typing angle. The apple smart cover sort of has set a standard for typing angle, but IMO it is too shallow. The ones above have a much better typing angle, IMO. YMMV.

Last edited:

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Cygnett case, have done for ipad2 and the new iPad, the quality it great with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts