Case for 12.9 2018 with Pencil 2

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by Diane B, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i have searched everywhere and no cases except Apple’s keyboard and folio allow for the Pencil 2 charging and storage while use. I wanted a ZUGU (Use w/a Logitech keyboard) and discovered that their 2018 wouldn’t work so they are redesigning to accommodate Pencil 2 charging. I understand that the Pencil must magnetically connect at the side/top on the Ipad edge and it appears that Apple surprised the case mfgs with the new charging for the Pencil 2 and none of them that I can find allow for that. I’m uncomfortable with n9 case so if anyone has any ideas how to protect the 2018 until more cases become available, please advise,

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    You could get a small netbook sleeve and keep it in that. Won’t protect it in use, but will work when you put it away or carry it.

3. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Thanks twerpoet. i actually have one about that size so guess I will do that. Hoping Zugu gets it right after redesign that I can use in lap or with Logitech keyboard at desk/table. I also have the Logitech Slimcase keyboard case for the gen 1 12.9 and like it fairly well because you can pull the Ipad with back and kickstand off the keyboard and use separately. It just appears that though case mfgs got the size and ports right they missed knowing about the wireless Pencil charging.

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    No problem. It should not be a long wait.

5. MCube74

MCube74
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Get a case for 12” notebook or MacBook. Should fit fine.

I got one for like US $12 at a store in Hong Kong.

6. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Zugu, which is my first choice, says they have redesigned with a tube on long side where you will be able to connect, charge and store—available 12/14 or thereabouts. I bought the Apple folio after dragging out my old cheap folio and finding it works okay for the time being. I will probably eventually add a Zugu after I see several months of use with the Pencil without issues.