What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrying Bag

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just make sure you put a board in there to protect the screen.

I've been using a Sony reader for three years. The highest number of cracked screens comes from bags of that type being bumped around.
Go to a hobby store and get yourself a piece of 1/8" thick birch plywood, put it in that bag on the side the iPad's screen will face. Could also be a piece of polycarbonate, just something rigid.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks pretty good, case logic does a nice job, i have a few of their cases for other electronics.

I want a pelican or hard case of some sort but something that is not too bulky.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like any other case, just more expensive.

OP
rwsimon

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thing is not a case. It's a shoulder bag to carry the iPad in. I have the Apple case, which seems like it should provide enough protection for the screen. It is pretty rigid. I just wanted something to tuck the iPad into when I'm out and about with it since it doesn't quite fit in a pocket.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use a Kensington sling bag ..i just sling in the front of me to wear under the jacket if there bad weather like raining or snow and cold weather or rideing in the subway system or bus unit that way you have more control over the unit when need ..

just find a good bag that will hold the unit along with a few access that you need and you do all right ..

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this same Case Logic bag for my 10" netbook and it fits my ipad with room to spare, this is a good case for shoulder carry and not bulky.

Almost any 10" Netbook bag or sleeve will work fine with the ipad, no use trying to reinvent the wheel.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
take a look at Maxpedition.com. I bought some of their things for other uses, and they make very durable bags.

One of the complaints I have for the mainstream manufacturers is they are a little too flimsy for me. The ones I have from manufacturers like maxpedition are typically designed for heavy to very extreme wear. I would still suggest an inner sleeve like the ICase padded sleeve like I bought, (and I really like) but for outer protection, these other bags are very durable.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the case I want to become available for purchase but I bought one of these travel bags to carry it in with the ipad in the case Computer Bags

I'm sure you guys won't be interested though LOL

Most reactions

Latest posts