What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrier Settings update ?

zuluwhiskeyfox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 4 with cellular+wifi ios 6.1 JB. I have a SIM card with Tellus in Canada. Periodically a message pops up saying there is Carrier Setting Update available and is asking if I want to update. What is this? What exactly does it wish to update. Before I update this I want to make sure that it's not something that will jeopardize my JB.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A Carrier Settings Update should normally be accepted. I've never known one to jeopardise a jailbreak.

The settings provide a set of parameters to the baseband which the device uses specifically to optimise it's cellular connection to the carrier you are using (in your example, Tellus). Updates happen from time to time, normally to either improve the performance of cellular operation with that carrier, or to make changes on the device to reflect changes in the carriers wider cell configuration.

Normally they are nothing to worry about. Accept and carry on ;)

Most reactions