What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrier locked to iPAD

KATZ49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to unlock a Carrier from the iPad, so I can choose which Company to go with.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to unlock a Carrier from the iPad, so I can choose which Company to go with.

As far as I'm aware, only subsidised iPads bought in the UK are carrier locked. All other iPads are unlocked. So, if you bought - or obtained - one of the iPads from, say, Orange that was on a contract, it's carrier locked. Any iPad purchased from an Apple Store in the UK is carrier unlocked and can already be used with any carrier.

OK - now I remember - you bought this iPad on eBay and had the problem activating the microSIM and you found it's locked to Orange. I have not heard of any companies currently offering to unlock iPads because the market is very small - it's only in the UK, as far as I'm aware, that any iPads are locked and I'm guessing that the investment in developing the tools and techniques to do this probably won't justify the commercial interest. I guess you could try a 'phone unlocking store. I don't know enough about unlocking 'phones to understand whether it's the same for a 'phone and an iPad.

Tim

Tim

Last edited:
OP
KATZ49

KATZ49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found out its Orange and loaded a microsim to suit, got it activated.

Now its a problem joining a Network.

I keep getting a pop-up for Thomson E54EDB and it asks for a password, but I don't have a password, never had one for Thomson.

Not sure who to contact to sort it out.

thethingx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found out its Orange and loaded a microsim to suit, got it activated.

Now its a problem joining a Network.

I keep getting a pop-up for Thomson E54EDB and it asks for a password, but I don't have a password, never had one for Thomson.

Not sure who to contact to sort it out.

Can you please explain what do you mean by "got it activated" do you have to do this "activation" before you can use the iPad? or is this thing done for 3g connection only?

Most reactions

Latest posts