What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Card reader

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all, i have an apple card reader to be able to watch videos on my ipad 3, but when i connect it to ipad it tells me it is not able to read the contents. Any suggestions,
Thanks.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drofpets said:
Hi to all, i have an apple card reader to be able to watch videos on my ipad 3, but when i connect it to ipad it tells me it is not able to read the contents. Any suggestions,
Thanks.

Ensure you have read the instruction manual, for example you may need to install an app of some sort, also try rebooting your iPad, if that still doesn't work check for updates in the settings. Also ensure the device is compatible or you have a signal where you are.

The iDevice Guru

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Hi there...I don't think that the Camera Connection kit can read video...only photos that it will transfer. See this thread:http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...it-cant-get-ipad3-read-anything-sdhc-card.htm

As idevice...says, you will need to send it to your iPad another way, by emailing that video to yourself and than using an app to get it onto your iPad. Using an app like dropbox to do a wireless sync from your computer to your iPad should work for you.

Edit...with further reading i am mistaken. The Cameral connection kit Does allow video uploads as well. Perhaps others may chime in to help here.

Last edited:
OP
D

Drofpets

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi there...I don't think that the Camera Connection kit can read video...only photos that it will transfer. See this thread:http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/73953-camera-connection-kit-cant-get-ipad3-read-anything-sdhc-card.htm

As idevice...says, you will need to send it to your iPad another way, by emailing that video to yourself and than using an app to get it onto your iPad. Using an app like dropbox to do a wireless sync from your computer to your iPad should work for you.

Hi and thanks for your replies, when i purchased the apple camera kit it said that you can import both photos and videos, so i am a little confused.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and thanks for your replies, when i purchased the apple camera kit it said that you can import both photos and videos, so i am a little confused.

Yes...you are correct. I must have been editing my post when you were replying to my original. Please see the edit. :)

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drofpets said:

Ensure the videos that you are trying to import aren't too large(capacity in mb/GB) and that the iPad has enough free space to import them, also ensure that the videos are in the correct format for the iPad to recognise.

The iDevice Guru

Most reactions

Latest posts