What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caracal Diagnosis: Just Released and Now Ranks in Top 25 Paid Medical Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDiagnosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excitement in the air! Caracal Diagnosis has just been released on the Apple Store and now is ranking in Top 25 Paid Medical Apps:

Caracal Diagnosis is a breakthrough tool designed to help healthcare professionals determine diseases and medical conditions in a smart, fast & easy way. It works like a medical search engine in which users can simply input medical words—can be signs, symptoms or lab results—to be able to get the list of possible diseases (differential diagnosis) that might affect the patient.

Caracal Diagnosis is smarter than any diagnosis app on the market. Its search engine displays a diseases list in the order based on mathematical equations and algorithms: disease commonness, importance (rare diseases but life-threatening would be ranked high), the degree of matching and importance of the combined entered symptoms, signs and lab results, and much more factors.

UKw4njtBo2VO3duG4WlHg0-temp-upload.aurdzfwo.320x480-75.jpg UKw4njtBo2VO3duG4WlHg0-temp-upload.yljahrfy.320x480-75.jpg UKw4njtBo2VO3duG4WlHg0-temp-upload.pfpbopyr.320x480-75.jpg UKw4njtBo2VO3duG4WlHg0-temp-upload.vtddvnde.320x480-75.jpg UKw4njtBo2VO3duG4WlHg0-temp-upload.xlafeyfv.320x480-75.jpg

Features:
  • 1,600 diseases database, expected to be enriched in the near future
  • 2,200 signs, symptoms, and lab findings to search from
  • Clinical decision support system (CDSS)
  • Unique searching algorithm
  • Intuitive interface
  • Differential diagnosis is displayed in less than 2 seconds
  • No Internet connection required

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

As we have an iPad in Health Forum I will move your App announcement there!

Btw ..... great looking app!

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this Medical Diagnoses App. By chance have you also used Medscape? That is a very useful app and it is free as well.

Skimonkey.

OP
M

MDiagnosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai - thank you for moving thread and directing me to this particular forum!
Also advise, should I change my nick name or maybe remove info about my company?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MDiagnosis said:
leelai - thank you for moving thread and directing me to this particular forum!
Also advise, should I change my nick name or maybe remove info about my company?

Your welcome.....

I have answered your questions by PM.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just a word of caution here - this is an app in v. 1 claims which appears to predict 'medical diagnoses' based apparently on entering a combination of symptoms, signs, medical tests, etc. - how this app was developed and tested for accuracy is uncertain to me; for a lay person using this program to attempt to predict whether they or their 'loved' ones may have a minor or a potential serious disease and then determine whether to see (or not to see) a 'real' physician is a warning. I'm a retired physician and there is no replacement for years of education (of a human mind) and then years of experience - be leery of these medical apps if you want to replace your 'human' doctor - this technology is certainly wonderful and useful in the proper context - just my 2 cents - Dave :) (M.D., retired Professor Emeritus, Wake Forest University).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts