1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can't watch java live stream? (ARD, Olympics)

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Schaine, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Schaine

Schaine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey,
    here in germany, our main Broadcaster ARD.de has set up live streams for the olympic games. These are java streams (it says "apps/java" in the URL)

When i want to watch those on the ipad i get the message "The file does not exist". On my notebook, they work perfectly fine.

So it has the be an ipad-issue.

Do you have any solutions on what i can do? I would really like to be able to watch the streams for my ipad since its easier for me.

I have the "Ipad 2"

Thank you
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,973 / 1
    The iPad does not support Java.

One of the Flash browser apps like Puffin or iSwifter may work, or not. They are server based, so even if they work performance is heavily dependent on server load.

Also, check the App Store to see if your broadcaster has an app. If they do, it will work better.
  3. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    Java tends to present security risks. On windows it is always need in to be updated. I get sick of updating all of these things that create security hazards. I welcome having one less thing to worry. I'm glad flash is dead on mobile. I can't wait for it to die everywhere.