What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't wait for JB 4.3, how do I downgrade my os?

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since my restore just F'ed up and wiped out everything it's a good time to JB, I have two questions.

First, What os has a good JB and how do I downgrade the os to allow for that JB?

Second, how do I get all my purchased apps back?

Thanks

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have an ipad1, you can do an untethered jb.upgrade to 4.3 if necessary and jb.

Your app store apps can be downloaded for free if you login.

OP
S

sundance2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an ipad1, you can do an untethered jb.upgrade to 4.3 if necessary and jb.

Your app store apps can be downloaded for free if you login.

Not sure what it is I should find in the app store. I searched "untethered", "untethered,jb" and "untethered.JB.upgrade" and found nothing for the iPad.

What am I looking for in the app store? Also I have 4.3.1, will this JB work with that os?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sundance2011 said:
Since my restore just F'ed up and wiped out everything it's a good time to JB, I have two questions.

First, What os has a good JB and how do I downgrade the os to allow for that JB?

Second, how do I get all my purchased apps back?

Thanks

Have a look at the stickies in my sig. They have info about shsh blobs which assist with downgrading as well as the current jailbreak methods. 4.3.1 is jailbreakable, so a downgrade may not be an issue for you.

Jailbreaking does not effect your purchased apps. At worst you will just have to resync your apps from iTunes if you do decide for whatever reason to downgrade or use a custom firmware jailbreak, but you can always easily get them back...

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts