What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't View Video

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just for starters - did you 'Reset' your iPad? if not, then press the Sleep & Home buttons simultaneously for 10+ seconds until the Apple Logo appears, then release both and wait for the iPad to reboot - please post back if this does not help - Dave :)

OP
tawcat

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Girad: thanks, but that did not work. The videos seem to begin, but all I get are loading lines. Never had a problem before.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Girad: thanks, but that did not work. The videos seem to begin, but all I get are loading lines. Never had a problem before.

Sorry, hoped that a simple solution would help - :( You'll need to provide some more information: 1) What videos are you trying to play, i.e. online, on your iPad (what type - purchased, ripped, or other); and 3) What video player are you using (assume the native one on the iPad)? Dave :)

OP
tawcat

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Simple: videos posted on Facebook.

I have no problem viewing/streaming stuff from networks, i.e. ABC, HGTV, etc

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Simple: videos posted on Facebook.

I have no problem viewing/streaming stuff from networks, i.e. ABC, HGTV, etc

OK - well now much more specific, i.e. you're having a problem w/ FB videos, which should others reply more specifically.

Now, I'm a FB user but have not dealt w/ videos on that site so cannot contribute much more - hopefully, other members will 'chime in' to help. Good luck - Dave :)

OP
tawcat

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Hoping someone can help with some advice.

Videos that don't work are any that are linked/uploaded to Facebook. Whether they be files from smartphones or you tube uploads, I just get the "I'm trying to load" lines!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts