What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't use mini iPad due to lost password

Abbyacb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you use this site to reset your password?
Recover Your Apple ID - Apple

Either answer your security questions, or choose to get an email from Apple to reset your iCloud ID's password. If you prefer getting an email, and you didn't receive it, this will help:
If you didn't receive your verification or reset email

If you can't reset the password, you won't be able to use it. Erasing or restoring is not possible.
Hey, I'm just confused that, if the passcode can be removed by entering DFU mode to factory reset iPad?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just confused that, if the passcode can be removed by entering DFU mode to factory reset iPad?
If you've forgotten the Apple ID password, it's not possible to restore the iPad. The Apple ID password has to be correctly entered before the iPad can be restored.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, there's a problem. Just updated to 10.3.3 and can't log in anywhere two step ver. Is used. Let's hope Apple fixes it soon. Hang in there!

Abbyacb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've forgotten the Apple ID password, it's not possible to restore the iPad. The Apple ID password has to be correctly entered before the iPad can be restored.
But you can still hard reset you iPad, right? And get into the DFU mode? I just think that if I factory reset my iPad, then I can just get a "new" iPad without any passcode. am I wrong?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
But you can still hard reset you iPad, right? And get into the DFU mode? I just think that if I factory reset my iPad, then I can just get a "new" iPad without any passcode. am I wrong?
You’re wrong. Without that Apple ID password, the iPad is an expensive brick unless you can convince Apple you’re the rightful owner of the iPad. Apple may then decide to erase the iPad for you. Original sales receipts are a good way to prove your ownership. The easiest way is if you bought the iPad at an Apple store or the online Apple store where the purchase is registered in your name as soon as your payment clears.

Most reactions