1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can't upload videos from a memory card. Pinnacle.

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by 8nskate, May 18, 2013.

1. 8nskate

8nskate iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello everyone, Im sure this has come up before but I can't seem to find a thread. Can anyone tell me how to upload my videos from my gopro to my ipad 4. I have all of the connections needed but I get an error saying that the device requires too much power. Starting to regret the purchase of the ipad and the pinnacle app.

Thanks!
  2. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Are you using the SD card to lightning cable, or USB camera to lightning cable?
  3. 8nskate

8nskate iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am using the lightning cable with the USB connection, to an SD card reader. I tried directly to the camera with the same result.
  4. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    I don't think it will work with an SD reader on the end. Directly to the camera, it needs to be powered by mains or on board battery, ie have it's own power supply as it cannot draw from the iPad. If you had the lightning to SD cable, you could just put the SD card from the GoPro into the SD slot on the adaptor and away you go.

As a side, I did hear that some models of the GoPro format the SD cards to a format not compatible with the iPad. Someone who knows more about it can comment on that.
  5. vietdung83

vietdung83 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think reseting might helps you. Good luck!