What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't upload videos from a memory card. Pinnacle.

8nskate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Im sure this has come up before but I can't seem to find a thread. Can anyone tell me how to upload my videos from my gopro to my ipad 4. I have all of the connections needed but I get an error saying that the device requires too much power. Starting to regret the purchase of the ipad and the pinnacle app.

Thanks!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Im sure this has come up before but I can't seem to find a thread. Can anyone tell me how to upload my videos from my gopro to my ipad 4. I have all of the connections needed but I get an error saying that the device requires too much power. Starting to regret the purchase of the ipad and the pinnacle app.

Thanks!

Are you using the SD card to lightning cable, or USB camera to lightning cable?

OP

8nskate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the SD card to lightning cable, or USB camera to lightning cable?

I am using the lightning cable with the USB connection, to an SD card reader. I tried directly to the camera with the same result.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am using the lightning cable with the USB connection, to an SD card reader. I tried directly to the camera with the same result.

I don't think it will work with an SD reader on the end. Directly to the camera, it needs to be powered by mains or on board battery, ie have it's own power supply as it cannot draw from the iPad. If you had the lightning to SD cable, you could just put the SD card from the GoPro into the SD slot on the adaptor and away you go.

As a side, I did hear that some models of the GoPro format the SD cards to a format not compatible with the iPad. Someone who knows more about it can comment on that.

Most reactions

Latest posts