What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't upgrade to 8.1..MSG not enough storage

barbie38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have signed up for the .99 cent 20GB of storage a month ago and still get the same msg when I attempt to upgrade?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have signed up for the .99 cent 20GB of storage a month ago and still get the same msg when I attempt to upgrade?
When they say you don't have enough free storage space to do the upgrade, they mean free storage on your iPad itself, not iCloud storage. If you do the upgrade through iTunes on your computer you won't have to free up any extra storage.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Barbie.. - welcome to the forum! :) Please provide us some more information: 1) What iPad model do you own; 2) What iOS are you trying to upgrade from; and 3) How much storage is on your iPad and how much is 'free' (go to Settings -> About and look @ 'Capacity' & 'Available').

What Scifan.. is explaining is that you need 'free' storage on your iPad to upgrade the iOS - if done OTA (Over the Air via Wi-Fi), then about 5 GBs 'free' are needed; if done cabled to iTunes on a computer, then less - let us know. Dave

Kieran2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear barbie38,
Your iCloud storage will not effect the update. iCloud storage is used to backup your date online. You need to delete actual applications from your iPad that you don't need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dear barbie38,
Your iCloud storage will not effect the update. iCloud storage is used to backup your date online. You need to delete actual applications from your iPad that you don't need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you connect your iOS a device to your PC and use iTunes to update your device, then you won't need to delete anything.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts