What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Upgrade iPad1

maddy73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having problems with updating the software of my Ipad 1st Gen, version 3.2.2
Firstly this ipad was brought off from someone else and it seemed like there was no problems with it. But when i tried to reset all my settings, the screen went blank displaying an itunes and usb cord image. There was nothing I could do to fix it and i didn't want to jailbreak it so I sent it for repair and I was told something along the lines of it having gone on to recovery mode because it could not be backed up. They told me that they had to replace the motherboard and then reset it to factory mode.
But now just like before my ipad does not get recognised on the latest version *of itunes and I am worried that if I somehow manage to update it, I would face the same problem as before Nd i wpuld have not send it for repair once again.*
Is this likely? Someone please help I'm not very good with these things and I've been having this problem for about a year now.*

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. First, a bit of administrivia: I deleted your other post you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

In addition, I've put this post in its own stand alone thread so that it might get the best visibility.

Now, to your question: All I can suggest is you upgrade to the latest iOS for that iPad1, iOS 5.1.1. Use this tutorial by my fellow moderator, f4780y: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you follow all the steps exactly as written, you should end up with a stock iPad running the highest iOS it can run. Hopefully, that will take care of any issues you have.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts