What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant update

Joseff13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ipad 3wifi and i cant update it. Its current version is 5.1 and i cant update it in 6.1. It's taking 20hrs to finish downloading that brings to an error. What should i do??

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have ipad 3wifi and i cant update it. Its current version is 5.1 and i cant update it in 6.1. It's taking 20hrs to finish downloading that brings to an error. What should i do??

Not clear what you have tried without some more detailed info. Did you go to:
Settings, General, Software Update? Which will give you the option to update.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

Joseff13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i've tried that many times and ending up with an error, and in itunes also..it takes 20 hrs or even longer to finish downloading.

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Joseff13 said:
i've tried that many times and ending up with an error, and in itunes also..it takes 20 hrs or even longer to finish downloading.

Hi,
It's time to simply take your iPad to an Apple sTore and update it on one of their shiny new laptops in-store...
I have a slow (10mgb) connection, so updating over my creeping Wi-Fi was impossible. Especially during the rush on first day of update.
Bring your own USB cable...

Chas

Last edited:
OP
J

Joseff13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
thanks for your concern, hope your idea would work! :)
i'll just post here the result. thanks again! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts