What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't turn Ipad on

cyprus203

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been using my Ipad this morning and all good but when I turned it off it will not turn back on. Any idea's before I take it back to the shop?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happens once in a while. Just push the on/off and Home button simultaneously for at least twenty seconds. I had to do this four times for it to work when this happened.

I can't believe how despaired I felt at that moment. Hope it goes well for ya...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - just to confirm that last post. Don’t panic. This reset will almost certainly work. Once you’ve held the ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ down for 30 seconds (it feels much longer because your heart is pounding so hard) the White Apple logo will appear and the reboot will start.

Don’t panic - no files or apps will be lost. The reboot takes quite a time so, depending on the time of day, make yourself a coffee or pour yourself a generous glass of wine.

It’s heart-stopping, but don’t panic!!!!

You’ll soon be up and running again. There doesn’t seem to be any consensus as to why this happens - just ‘one of those things’ as they say.

Good Luck!

Tim
Scotland

OP
C

cyprus203

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help it worked after 18 seconds, but I did panic.

Most reactions

Latest posts