What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Track My iPad 3, Shipped With UPS

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I'll put in my .02 here.. my parents own a UPS store for the past 12 years and we still do. So I'm speaking from experience and not pulling something out of thin air here.

Not just for UPS but for all carriers, FedEx and DHL; all what we have right now is a generated tracking number for the label on our box. You will not be able to track it until they scan in the package for the correct truck/plane en route to your destination. For those of you who got engravings, you will be able to track yours coming out from China. However, that is all what you will be able to track once it gets to the destination hub to sit at, until tomorrow.

So those of you who do have a UPS tracking number, didn't get any engravings, you will not be able to track it until the package starts moving - most likely tomorrow. I'm pretty sure all of you who are getting delivered by UPS; your 3 is already sitting at the hub. They just have to sort everything out and scan it in. I wouldn't worry at all about not being able to track any information on your package. That's just how it is. The way how I see it, I think all of the packages will start moving tomorrow to get to the correct hub near by your house. Get sorted out and ready to deliver for Friday morning.

Apple really dished out a lot here to do a deal with UPS and FedEx; to send all of our 3's by Next Day Air. Mine is coming by FedEx and it's at the Nashville, TN hub. So coming to IL, they will probably just plane it to the Chicago hub by Thursday night. Then out for delivery Friday morning. Also remember, all NDA and 2DA - 10am, 12pm, 3pm packages have first priority over Ground and 3 Day Select (3 day ground). So the drivers have to get our packages to us by the respected time. It's going to be a rough day for them Friday.... Millions of Apple overnight packages all on one day PLUS all non-Apple NDA packages... that's some serious JIT planning to do.

So..... just hang in there! Unless if you want to be like one of the "cool people" and call your local hub to hold the 3 there so you can pick it up on Friday morning and not wait all day ;)... just an option... don't get disappointed though if your local hub says no. I wouldn't be surprised if they do say no; to not have a giant crowd showing up in the morning... if they don't though and allow it, expect to have dozens.. maybe hundreds? of other people waiting in line at the hub too :D ... might as well just wait at home for it.

Last edited:

QTP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just spoke to a very helpful UPS rep. He told me the distribution for this product launch is differnt than for previous product launches, for security reasons. If you are in Canada, the UPS information will state it is a domestic not International shipment because they have been drop shipped to Canada, then it becomes a domestic shipment to you.

The online tracking information will not be disclosed until the package is on the truck en route to your address ( which means it probably won't say that until after you already have your ipad ! lol) apparently this is for security reasons. I don't know if UPS has been hijacked in the past, obviously the rep wouldn't tell me that. He did say this is a new method and all ipads in Canada are scheduled for delivery between Mar.16-22. You should be able to see the tracking info on the morning of your delivery. Hang in there it's almost Friday !!!!

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just spoke to a very helpful UPS rep. He told me the distribution for this product launch is differnt than for previous product launches, for security reasons. If you are in Canada, the UPS information will state it is a domestic not International shipment because they have been drop shipped to Canada, then it becomes a domestic shipment to you.

The online tracking information will not be disclosed until the package is on the truck en route to your address ( which means it probably won't say that until after you already have your ipad ! lol) apparently this is for security reasons. I don't know if UPS has been hijacked in the past, obviously the rep wouldn't tell me that. He did say this is a new method and all ipads in Canada are scheduled for delivery between Mar.16-22. You should be able to see the tracking info on the morning of your delivery. Hang in there it's almost Friday !!!!

Thanks for the update!!! The guy at Apple couldnt even tell me that... totally makes sense...

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should be able to see the tracking info on the morning of your delivery. Hang in there it's almost Friday !!!!

I concur. Apple customer services told me yesterday that the tracking info would not show up until the morning of delivery. My package is due to be delivered by TNT on Friday.

reneepren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can track my new iPad through the Apple Store app but not through the UPS tracking number and the UPS website. Just go into the Apple store app and track your package there.

OP

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DarrenUK said:
Mine is an 18 digit number, my tracking number is still not showing any info on the UPS website but apple still saying it will be delivered on the 16th.

Mine is a 10 digit UPS #. But I'm to the point now that I don't care if I can track it or not as long as I get it on Friday. Tracking is a neat feature but doesn't make it move any faster. :)

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, final update on this saga... ...My info has now appeared correctly on the UPS site - looks like Apple were being honest (Didn't doubt it...hehe). Best of luck to everyone else.

DarrenUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, final update on this saga... ...My info has now appeared correctly on the UPS site - looks like Apple were being honest (Didn't doubt it...hehe). Best of luck to everyone else.

My tracking info from this morning shows on the UPS website also.

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've also enabled SMS update tracking from the UPS website, so that I will now receive a text message to my mobile for all updates regarding my delivery. Thought I'd mention it.

Ron Jones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The UPS tracking page has been accessable for my shipment and shows the same info as going thru the Apple Store's tracking link. However, it shows my iPad shippment has been held at the UPS facility in Louisville, KY for 4 days now. So if it is going to be delivered by tomorrow as claimed, I guess UPS will essentially be doing an overnight air shipment from Louisville to my location in Florida.

Last edited:
OP

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, mine is now trackable through UPS and is sitting in Nürnberg, 2 1/2 hours away from my address. Delivery should be by end of day tomorrow, 16 March.
Like I said, tracking it doesn't make it move any faster. :)

Jones_jt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a tracking number from someone called "syncreon logistics" - never heard of them. My tracking number doesn't even exist according to their website.:eek:

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can finally see tracking info... my ipad is in ontario today..... I am not sure how fast UPS express saver is but I know canada post would take 4 days to get here....

DarrenUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My UPS tracking info (UK) was available this morning but just said

'order processed ready for ups'

Still saying the same, hopefully it will be here tomorrow!

Most reactions

Latest posts