1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Cant sync with itunes

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by NCRick, Jul 11, 2011.

1. NCRick

NCRick iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,

I have been having an issue that I was wondering if you could help with? I tried the wifi sync app on pad 2 and quickly removed it from both my ipad2 and laptop, horrible results. Now iTunes does not see devices once I plug them in( ipods or ipad)Other computers I have do but my iPad is synced and backed up to this laptop.
    Item is visible in my computer window of windows, but does not show up in devices of iTunes once plugged in. I appreciate any assistance.

Oh and this is a JB iPad 2, and I have already removed and reinstalled iTunes twice to attempt to fix

Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. The Alternative

The Alternative iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Although quite detailed and helpful for synching under normal circumstances this advice is really not helpful in fixing the OP's problem. He specifically stated that he cannot see his iPad in iTunes under the device sidebar. iTunes cannot synch with something it cannot see.

I'm not hopeful this will work but it's worth a try. With iTunes open plug in your iPad to your PC or laptop. Now reboot your iPad (press the Home button and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously). When the iPad asks to shut down slide the slider (you'll see the Apple logo for a few moments before it shuts down). Wait about 30 seconds and press the Sleep/Wake button again to turn the device back on. Is the iPad now visible in iTunes? I had a similar problem a while back and this seemed to fix the problem.
  3. NCRick

NCRick iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, but no.....this too has been tried. Itunes on thislaptop does not recognize any of my iOS devices, all started when I installed wi-fi sync and removed it.....