What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant sync with itunes

NCRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been having an issue that I was wondering if you could help with? I tried the wifi sync app on pad 2 and quickly removed it from both my ipad2 and laptop, horrible results. Now iTunes does not see devices once I plug them in( ipods or ipad)Other computers I have do but my iPad is synced and backed up to this laptop.
Item is visible in my computer window of windows, but does not show up in devices of iTunes once plugged in. I appreciate any assistance.

Oh and this is a JB iPad 2, and I have already removed and reinstalled iTunes twice to attempt to fix

Thanks

Last edited:

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
this way you can sync with iTunes your iPad

The Apple iPad is a mobile hardware device with a large display, a lightweight, slim design and long battery life. Like the iPod and iPhone, the iPad is capable of syncing to Apple iTunes software. Syncing allows users to share content purchased from iTunes with compatible mobile devices and to copy music, videos and other personal content between the iPad and the computer.

1.Turn on your personal computer and verify you have downloaded the most recent iTunes software. The iPad is compatible with iTunes version 9.1 or higher.
2.Connect the iPad to the computer using a compatible USB cable. Purchase of the Apple iPad includes the necessary cable.
3.Open iTunes on your computer, if iTunes hasn't opened automatically, and select "iPad" in the sidebar.
4.Configure which information or programs you would like to share between the iPad and iTunes. The "Sync Settings" window is divided into multiple panes that allow users specific options for different types of media sharing.
5.Select "Apply" in the lower left-hand corner of the iTunes screen to save the settings and exit iTunes. Now, whenever you connect the iPad to the computer the chosen sync options will be applied and material synced between the two devices.

Although quite detailed and helpful for synching under normal circumstances this advice is really not helpful in fixing the OP's problem. He specifically stated that he cannot see his iPad in iTunes under the device sidebar. iTunes cannot synch with something it cannot see.

I'm not hopeful this will work but it's worth a try. With iTunes open plug in your iPad to your PC or laptop. Now reboot your iPad (press the Home button and Sleep/Wake buttons simultaneously). When the iPad asks to shut down slide the slider (you'll see the Apple logo for a few moments before it shuts down). Wait about 30 seconds and press the Sleep/Wake button again to turn the device back on. Is the iPad now visible in iTunes? I had a similar problem a while back and this seemed to fix the problem.

OP
N

NCRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, but no.....this too has been tried. Itunes on thislaptop does not recognize any of my iOS devices, all started when I installed wi-fi sync and removed it.....

Most reactions

Latest posts