can't sync air 2 to itunes

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by scottyp, Jan 16, 2015.

1. scottyp

scottyp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi all, I just upgraded from iPad 2 to the latest and not so greatest air 2. I cannot do anything to get music from iTunes to the iPad, it will not sync. I cannot even drag individual songs to it. No problem doing it with the old iPad but this is a no go.
    I have tried it from a Mac pro as well as a PC, no difference. I have tried logging in and out of iTunes, nothing.
    any help would be great before I return this and get an iPad 4 or something that actually works.

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello & welcome to the forum! :) I purchased an iPad Air 2 last month, and manually transferred over a 100 hours of music from my MBPro (prefer that to a sync) - with the iOS 8 upgrade, a number of users have had music syncing issues, so not sure that the problem is your device vs. the new iOS and settings w/i the software.

For starters (and you may have already done these suggestions): 1) Reset the iPad (hold both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, let the device reboot); 2) Make sure you have the newest version of iTunes on your computers & also iOS 8.1.2 on your iPad; and 3) Reboot your computers.

If these maneuvers are not helpful, there is plenty of the web - just did a google and mention a few - HERE 1 and HERE 2 - good luck and post back if still an issue. Dave

#2 giradman, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. scottyp

scottyp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thank you so much, it appears to be working, I followed the second link you sent. Using the MBpro. Total reboot must be the key.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    GREAT! Glad one or more of those suggestions worked for you - Dave :)