What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't sync air 2 to itunes

scottyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I just upgraded from iPad 2 to the latest and not so greatest air 2. I cannot do anything to get music from iTunes to the iPad, it will not sync. I cannot even drag individual songs to it. No problem doing it with the old iPad but this is a no go.
I have tried it from a Mac pro as well as a PC, no difference. I have tried logging in and out of iTunes, nothing.
any help would be great before I return this and get an iPad 4 or something that actually works.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) I purchased an iPad Air 2 last month, and manually transferred over a 100 hours of music from my MBPro (prefer that to a sync) - with the iOS 8 upgrade, a number of users have had music syncing issues, so not sure that the problem is your device vs. the new iOS and settings w/i the software.

For starters (and you may have already done these suggestions): 1) Reset the iPad (hold both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, let the device reboot); 2) Make sure you have the newest version of iTunes on your computers & also iOS 8.1.2 on your iPad; and 3) Reboot your computers.

If these maneuvers are not helpful, there is plenty of the web - just did a google and mention a few - HERE 1 and HERE 2 - good luck and post back if still an issue. Dave

Last edited:
OP
S

scottyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much, it appears to be working, I followed the second link you sent. Using the MBpro. Total reboot must be the key.

Most reactions

Latest posts