What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't stream photos in iPhoto

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
HELP,I'm fairly sure i have everything enabled but i can't get photos to stream from my ipad2 to my mbp in iPhoto,can anyone help?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you on iOS5 yet? I'm guessing that an experienced user, such as you, have tried to reset the iPad...

Tim

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you on iOS5 yet? I'm guessing that an experienced user, such as you, have tried to reset the iPad...

Tim
yes did that,it says in iTunes summary,version, that i need to connect with cable for updates act,i don't understand that as iCloud backs up if i tell it to and iPhoto is enabled,I'm totally puzzled.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - you say it say it tells you to connect for updates - but do you currently have iOS5? I wasn't sure if that's what you meant..sorry if I've misunderstood you.

Tim

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK - you say it say it tells you to connect for updates - but do you currently have iOS5? I wasn't sure if that's what you meant..sorry if I've misunderstood you.

Tim
yes sorry,i have iOS5,i want to stream photos from my ipad2 to my mbp,i have photo stream ticked in preferences,enabled in iPhoto and iCloud is on in ipad2 settings but when i take photos on my iPad they don't stream.........looks like i have to connect the cable to sync too which defeats the object of iCloud,totally fed up and puzzled.

Last edited:
OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tim,do you think i should cancel my iCloud account and start again?bit drastic i know.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then you should probably try starting fresh again with iCloud
i might end up doing that,maybe i disabled something in settings that i can't see now,I'm totally puzzled.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still need help here please

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Photo Stream is only for up to 1,000 recent photos. Recent as being only the last 30 days. Try taking some new photos and see what happens.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Photo Stream is only for up to 1,000 recent photos. Recent as being only the last 30 days. Try taking some new photos and see what happens.
thanku all,its sorted now,at last.

Most reactions

Latest posts