What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't send messages

Wendy131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have recently reset my iPad as it was my sisters before, everything ok on it but found I can read my emails But not send any, something to do with my outgoing server, this is all new to me has anyone got any ideas please?

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wendy131 said:
Hi I have recently reset my iPad as it was my sisters before, everything ok on it but found I can read my emails But not send any, something to do with my outgoing server, this is all new to me has anyone got any ideas please?

Do you know what your outgoing mail server setting should be?Do you have the details such as username pasword.You need that info to setup your mail

Last edited:
OP
W

Wendy131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi yes have set that up all ok, the problem I have is we are connected through virginmedia but our email address is for ntlworld, have tried both of these on outgoing server but still not working, not sure what to try or how to check anything else?

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is your outgoing server set as"smtp.????????.??.?? If you know what I mean? It shoul look someting like this:smtp.vodamail.co.za

Attachments

• image-2247155632.jpg
    image-2247155632.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
OP
W

Wendy131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Semel yes it is have tried both smtp.virginmedia.com and the same again with ntlworld.com but still not working not sure why

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of is if your email works fine on you pc,then sync your email account through itunes.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open itunes.Connect your ipad.In itunes select your ipad,go to info,then scroll down and select sync mail accounts.Click apply

Last edited:

Most reactions