What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't send email over wifi using mail app

japs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It happens on my 3 gmail accounts and only over wifi, I can receive with no problems but when I send, after many minutes, just says it can't find the smpt server and the message never leave the iPad. I have to open safari and use the web version for gmail. Same happens on my iPhone 4s. No problem over 3G.

I have tried in different networks, have deleted all the accounts and reinstalled, no luck so far. both iPad and iPhone are jail broken and running iOS 5.0.1

I searched the forum for similar issues but haven't found solution so far.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Regards

readyfreddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to the email pop setting. you can do a troubleshooting of your account, click on fix and it will correct the problem. Freddie

OP
J

japs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it worked just for half a day, I have the same problem again.

Where can I find the pop settings for the gmail account?

Regards

readyfreddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to your email, across the top where file, view , edit and one of those has your email account setting, click on your settings and it will show you the pop. you probably, you probably dont know it, but that's ok, since you can do a troubleshoot. Just click fix and it will do it automatically. good luck. Freddie

Most reactions

Latest posts