What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant seem to downgrade to 3.2.1

blizzer3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Is there any other why to downgrade from 4.2 beta then with umbrella?
I cant seem to get for 3.2.1. and 3.2.2 any more,
keeps telling me not available anymore so ....

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not clear from your message what problem you are having exactly.
Have you already downloaded firmware files for 3.2.1 and / or 3.2.2? You can still download 3.2.2 directly from the apple support website, so it is still available. Google can help you find 3.2.1.
If you have them downloaded, then what is the exact message you are getting. If it it is that you are not authorised for that version, then you are not using tinyumbrella properly. Have you started the TSS Server?

Provide more detail on the error you are getting and we'll see if we can help further...

OP
B

blizzer3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not clear from your message what problem you are having exactly.
Have you already downloaded firmware files for 3.2.1 and / or 3.2.2? You can still download 3.2.2 directly from the apple support website, so it is still available. Google can help you find 3.2.1.
If you have them downloaded, then what is the exact message you are getting. If it it is that you are not authorised for that version, then you are not using tinyumbrella properly. Have you started the TSS Server?

Provide more detail on the error you are getting and we'll see if we can help further...

cant seem to start the TSS,
both my computers complains about port 80 for some reason.
And i cant seem to save the ssh

10/05/2010 20:10:48.877 This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 10/05/2010 20:10:48.883 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPad3G 3.2.1 (7B405) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

when i try getting 3.2.1

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that'd be your problem. I assume you are on a Mac? You have something running on port 80. Probably Web Sharing. I am not a Mac user, but if you search you will find plenty of people that have resolved this. Turn off web sharing first and try again.

OP
B

blizzer3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that'd be your problem. I assume you are on a Mac? You have something running on port 80. Probably Web Sharing. I am not a Mac user, but if you search you will find plenty of people that have resolved this. Turn off web sharing first and try again.

haha no im not running anything on 80,
checked what ports listed and 80 isnt one of them
And im absolutely not running crap Mac :p

Windows 7 All the way :=)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you can see why giving all the details helps... And you said your computers were complaining about port80 so it was a reasonable assumption...
Your problem is that Win7 is blocking changes to your hosts file. Because tu can't make the changes it wants to the file, it won't let you start the tss server.

Last edited:

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I got my Iphone 4. The 3Gs had been jailbroken and the hostfile had been changed. I deleted the hostfile as all was well. but I am not the technical one so had lots of help. You no doubt know more than me but that's how I knew what to delete. Cheers, Alan

Most reactions