What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't see my music files in ipad-itunes

wilj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can someone help please. I have sync'ed my ipad with my macbook itunes and it looked like the sync was successful. when i opened itunes in my ipad, i can't see my music files that I thought have been copied across. when i open itunes in my ipad it just shows me available musics/songs for purchase.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is one of the confusing parts...

On your PC, iTunes is where you purschase AND play your music, but on your iPad, you purchase your musc with the iTunes app, but PLAY your music with the iPod app!

debinagel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playing audio books on ipad

do I play the audio books with the ipod? Still cannot download and see them

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you get some time, I suggest you download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

egm9651

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read the guide, followed every instruction I could find on syncing from my comp to my iPad, but after doing it, I don't see my music library on the iPad. Where is it?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just look at the picture. Focus on the icons.

Sent from my jailbroken K48.

Attachments

• image-2533306991.png
    image-2533306991.png
    731.1 KB · Views: 3,017

davidalexander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just look at the picture. Focus on the icons.

Sent from my jailbroken K48.

Nice illustration Biobunny. This solution is correct, but in case this carefully illustrated screenshot seems a little cryptic, I had the same problem before this was posted. I finally found the same solution: The icon labeled "iTunes" and the icon labeled "Music" are two DIFFERENT apps. 'iTunes' is the Store and the one labeled 'Music' is where your music is accessed. It's one of those things that seem (almost) obvious AFTER you already know the difference.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The music app is also where you go to find your audio books and podcasts.

Most reactions

Latest posts