What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't save Blobs for IOS 6.1.2?

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had finally understood almost well many things about blobs and restoring and re-restoring until IOS 6 came out... I'm now trying to save blobs for IOS 6.1.2 (which if I understand correctly as of right now is pointless since there's no re-restore available and you can't go back to a previous firmware even with blobs saved) but I can't save them, I followed the guide, I tried with tiny umbrella but in the log there's written that I might not have internet conenctivity which I do both on the mac I'm using and on the iDevice... Am I doing something wrong?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
At this present moment Tiny Umbrella hasn't been updated for 6.1.2, if your jailbroken you can download iSHSHit from Cydia, this is what I have done.

Just remembered, iFaith is now updated, it's another program just like tiny umbrella

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can always use RedSn0w. You'll need to download the IPSW for the iOS that you're trying to save blobs for. Even though RedSn0w does not support iOS 6.1.2 natively, you can still retrieve blobs for it. TinyUmbrella is limited to a specific iOS upgrade to the utility before you can use it to save blobs :/

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks a lot forbhelping me out, I'll try iSHSHit and iFaith as soon as possible and I'll get back to you, thanks a lot for helping me out, I'll start diwnloading the IPSW now

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for refence, TinyUmbrella was updated yesterday to support saving 6.1.2 blobs, so if you download the latest, it should now work.

OP
T

Timey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just for refence, TinyUmbrella was updated yesterday to support saving 6.1.2 blobs, so if you download the latest, it should now work.
Thank you very very much! I've just downloaded and saved them without any problems, it worked like a charm, really appreciate all the help, I've also saved through iSHSHit ;) Thanks a lot once again.

Most reactions

Latest posts